Re: Hard disk filesystem repair in YDL?

Subject: Re: Hard disk filesystem repair in YDL?
From: Sean O. Denney (sdenney@cise.ufl.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 19 2001 - 19:14:40 MST

Create a boot disk (floppy). It should be loaded w/ a utility called
fscks (pronounced "f sucks"). This utility will most likely fix the
problem.

The other issue is why you are having unclean restarts? One solution
(which if this machine is going to be used for some critical purpose)
is to gat a UPS. APC has been making them for years now, and they are
cheap enough now that it is affordable. I believe that linux software
is available for the UPS's (unsure about PPC Linux, but it is highly
likely). The software will shutdown the computer for you, preventing
the aformentioned scenario.

The other thing is not to let other people have the ability to power
off your computer. Keep it under lock and key.

--- Sean