Re: Sendmail not responding

Subject: Re: Sendmail not responding
From: Terry Allen (hmag@ozemail.com.au)
Date: Tue Nov 20 2001 - 02:34:16 MST

>On Mon, 19 Nov 2001, Terry Allen wrote:
>
>> Hi again,
>> Just a question in addition to my others ver the weekend which
>> nobody answered yet. Slowly getting used to YDL 2.1, but came up with a
>> problem with Sendmail not accepting connections from a remote machine. In
>> Webmin I added the IP address of the remote machine, checked manually that
>> the file had been modified, but when I try to send an email from a PC using
>> Outlook Express, I get the following error:
>>
>> "The connection to the server has failed. Account:'203.53.37.169',
>> Server:'203.53.37.169', Protocol:SMTP,Port:25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket
>> Error:10061, Error Number:0x800CCCoe"
>>
>> I can only assume that Sendmail isn't working as expected. I don't
>> know how to test sendmail on the machine, so I don't know if I can send out
>> from the machine itself. Hope someone can help
>>

>You need to enable sensmail to listen for remote connections, the default
>is to not. install the sendmail-cf package and edit /etc/mail/sendmail.mc
>and either comment out (using the phrase "dnl") the DAEMON_OPTIONS line,
>or add your public interfaces to it. After editing and saving the file
>run the command "m4 /etc/mail/sendmail.mc > /etc/sendmail.cf"
>
>-n
> --
>nathan hruby - nhruby@arches.uga.edu

Hi Nathan,
        Many thanks for that - that did the trick & I can now send both to
& relay through the server - good stuff - this gets my transferral over to
YDL moving another step closer.

        Bye for now, Terry Allen
hEARd

Postal Address:
        hEARd
        c/o 128 The Entrance Rd
        The Entrance
        NSW 2261
        Australia

Internet -
        WWW:
        http://heard.com.au or http://www.ozemail.com.au/~hmag
        http://hosting.heard.com.au

Interactive Message Board - http://heard.com.au/wwwboard/

EMAIL: (checked every Thursday & Sunday, sometimes more often)
hmag@ozemail.com.au

Non profit promotion for new music
Also, check out the Educate site - http://www.educate.net.au