Re: modem on iBook2001: ALMOST SOLVED!

Subject: Re: modem on iBook2001: ALMOST SOLVED!
From: Carney, Kevin (CarneyKJ@Reading-Recovery.org)
Date: Tue Nov 20 2001 - 08:55:20 MST

>I am using the same provider that I am using under MacOS, the address of
the
>provider is the remote IP above.
>If I try "ping local IP", "ping remote IP" they are ok, "ping something
>else" is not, there is something I do not completely understand...

It alomost sounds like you haven't set up /etc/resolv.conf with a
nameserver. Try adding the line: nameserver <ip of DNS>, substituting the
ip address of one of your isp's domain name servers for <ip of DNS>.

Also, I recently made a web page telling how I got my modem working for
dial-up on my G3 PowerBook. Perhaps it could help you out. The address is
http://home.earthlink.net/~kcarney2/dialup.html

Good luck!
-Kevin