Re: Problems installing YDL 2.1

Subject: Re: Problems installing YDL 2.1
From: Graham Leggett (minfrin@sharp.fm)
Date: Tue Nov 20 2001 - 10:24:00 MST

Luca Egloff wrote:

> For the nstallation, I have downloaded 1) All the files 2) The ISO File.
> My CD-R doesnt work, so I have to copy the hole thing on my Win2000 machine
> and burn with NERO.
> I was never able to install with the 6 ! different CDs I made.
>
> What shall I do (besides purchasing...):
>
> How can I test the checksum of the ISO? DiskCopy doesn't recognise the
> ISO-File.

First thing first - check your file length - there were a number of
mirrors that offered the YDL CD for download before the download was
complete, so people were downloading only part of the CD, which either
didn't work at all, or worked up to a point and failed.

> How must I burn the CD? (bootable, ISO, Hybrid...)

The image you downloaded is exactly that - an image. It is already
preconfigured to be bootable, hybrid etc.

The minute you try and mount the image and fiddle with the settings, you
are no longer burning a YDL CD, but some new CD with half the settings
missing - which is why you keep creating coasters.

Using Nero select the "burn image" option. Select the ISO image (you may
need to change the file picker to "show all files" before you can see
.iso files). Select your ISO file, use the default settings for
everything, put the CD in the drive and burn the CD.

That's it.

Regards,
Graham

minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon