Re: modem on iBook2001: ALMOST ALMOST SOLVED!!

Subject: Re: modem on iBook2001: ALMOST ALMOST SOLVED!!
From: Filippo Fraternali (filippo.fraternali@tin.it)
Date: Tue Nov 20 2001 - 14:03:07 MST

Thanks everybody again, yesterday I was able to "telnet" for the firt time!
Cheers, cheers.

What I discovered is that I can telnet, ftp etc. just IP numbers and not
plain addresses, the same thing with any Netscape or other browsers, I can
reach the host only if I put the address in numbers.

Does anybody know why?

filippo