Re: Ftp setup problem

Subject: Re: Ftp setup problem
From: Keary Suska (hierophant@pcisys.net)
Date: Wed Nov 21 2001 - 12:46:51 MST

I think I recall hearing about this problem, but I don't recall what it was
and how to fix it. Some things to try: check the permissions on the "home"
dirctory for the logged in user. Does "dir", "cd", "put" or "get" work? try
specifying LsDefaultOptions (a typical setting would be "-a").

I recall some issues with certain ftp clients, perhaps this is the case.
have you tried sending the "LIST" command directly to see what happens? Or
using a different client--many gui clients will log the transactions exactly
as they are sent by the client and returned by the server, such as Fetch.

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.