Re: Packet loss

Subject: Re: Packet loss
From: Dan Calhoun (dcalhoun15@home.com)
Date: Wed Nov 21 2001 - 15:15:31 MST

Re: Packet lossJust trying to ping the router at 192.168.1.1 results in packet loss. May I ask a question, do you have other machines on your LAN? My PC on the lan is the primary Cable access computer with the assigned host name from ATT. I made the assumption that the other computers on the lan cannot duplicate this name. My mac can access the web and mail as the primary PC with no problem. The YDl box, was given a hostname (dcalhoun15) and the domain is home.com the DNS servers are there and correct. It seems as if the YDl box wants a fully qualified address, ???? Thanks for your reply. I know this machine works well on the MAC OS side but I'm determined to get the YDL side banging too.