Re: proftp: Must perform authentication before identifying USER

Subject: Re: proftp: Must perform authentication before identifying USER
From: Keary Suska (hierophant@pcisys.net)
Date: Thu Nov 22 2001 - 02:41:24 MST

It's a very unusual error. Post your proftpd.conf file and I can see if I
notice anything amiss. Other things to check: 1) are there any relevant
syslog entries? 2) are you sure it is proftpd that is being called (if you
are running through xinted, make sure the ftp server entry is calling
proftpd and not something else).

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.