SCSI Adapter Support

Subject: SCSI Adapter Support
From: Bob Beaton (bob@keyengine.com)
Date: Fri Nov 23 2001 - 18:09:23 MST

Hi, folks.

I've got YDL 2.1 running on some older PowerMacs (7100s and 8500s), which I
would like to cluster for some big number-crunching tasks. I'm trying to
decide how to upgrade the SCSI disk systems in these machines, since I
anticipate needing to do a lot of disk I/O.

Does YDL support accelerated SCSI cards? I'm particularly interested in the
faster SCSI cards for my Nubus machines, such as the FWB JackHammer or ATTO
Silicon Express IV. But I'd also like to know if the newer PCI SCSI cards
are supported, such as the Adaptec PowerDomain 39160, 29160, 29160N, and
2930 cards.

Thanks very much!
Bob