YDL 2.1 and G3 "Wallstreet" PB -- deep sleep???

Subject: YDL 2.1 and G3 "Wallstreet" PB -- deep sleep???
From: Bob Beaton (bob@keyengine.com)
Date: Fri Nov 23 2001 - 20:01:02 MST

Hi, folks.

I put YDL 2.1 on my G3 Powerbook ("Wallstreet" or 1998 edition; booting Mac
OS 9.2). When YDL goes to sleep, it's a very deep sleep. That is, the
console acts dead and refuses to wake-up the system. I just get a nice
continuously running screen saver. And I can remote telnet/ssh into the
system over my network just fine.

I suspect I've failed to setup pmud and/or the Mac OS energy saver properly.
What's the recommended settings for these two control systems to avoid this
type of console lock-out?

Many thanks!
Bob