Re: Couple of questions

Subject: Re: Couple of questions
From: Mark Jaffe (wizards@wizdev.net)
Date: Sat Nov 24 2001 - 13:03:28 MST

On 11/23/01 11:31 PM, "Dan Calhoun" <dcalhoun15@home.com> wrote:

> Is there any flash supported browsers that will work with YDL 2.1 ?? My fd0
> works except for the fact there is no eject script for the disc. This old
> world mac has to have the discs ejected by software command.........or paper
> clip, echh! The current upload/download speed is terrible, too many stalls,
> too many errors. Why is that. The onboard 8500 ehternet works on the MAC OS
> side just fine, so my guess it is software or config........I have done this
> so many times now that I know my IP's,DNS and other entries by heart.........

I will again echo problems with Ethernet on old-world Macs. I am having a
DISMAL experience with built-in ethernet on an 8500 and YDL 2.0. I had
absolutely NO connection using DHCP through a hub when at my home office
while MacOS connectivity was fine. When I returned the machine to the Co-Lo
and put it on a static IP, it connected fine for a day or so then
disappeared off the network. I have not been able to get back to it since it
disappeared the night before Thanksgiving and my ISP is out of the office.

YDL is NOT ready for prime-time. I am getting furious with this system. I
was getting ready to switch over because I need the faster machine, but I
cannot rely on this flaky networking. MkLinux on the Power120 is still
chugging along, I have NEVER had problems like this with it.

Mark
Mark Jaffe | (408) 972-9638 (home)
Chief Wizard | (408) 807-1530 (cell/page/voicemail)
Computer Wizards | (425) 795-6421 (FAX)
wizards@wizdev.net | http://www.wizdev.net/