Re: openmotif rpm conflicts

Subject: Re: openmotif rpm conflicts
From: Charlie Watts (cewatts@frontier.net)
Date: Sun Nov 25 2001 - 13:41:53 MST

On Sun, 25 Nov 2001, Mark Brethen wrote:

> On Sunday 25 November 2001 03:17, Charlie Watts wrote:
> > Are you installing a java sdk rpm that is requesting the other package? It
> > may or may not work.
>
> Actually, Charlie, I downloaded the tar files from the blackdown.org website.
> The readme file said it requires dynamic OpenMotif 2.1.30-3 (with an
> additional JDK bugfix patch). I'm not aware of an sdk rpm for ppc, are you?

I would try to uninstall the lesstif rpm; See if you get any rpm
dependency errors. If you don't, I'd go ahead and switch to openmotif.

But if the blackdown jdk requires a patch against openmotif, the openmotif
RPM won't help you anyway - you'll need to compile it yourself, with their
patch.

I'm surprised nobody else seems posted any results trying this ... I'll
give it a shot and see how it goes.

--
Charlie Watts
cewatts@frontier.net