Re: IBMJava2-JRE vs. j2re

Subject: Re: IBMJava2-JRE vs. j2re
From: Joe Buczek (joe_buczek@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Nov 26 2001 - 07:57:02 MST

Thanks for the reply, but AFAIK, there is no plugin
separate from what is shipped in the Blackdown distro.
Blackdown requires, I think, mozilla 0.9.4 or better.
To "install" it, you make a symbolic link from
/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/ to the plugin location in
the Blackdown distro.

Anyone else?

--- Graham Leggett <minfrin@sharp.fm> wrote:
> Joe Buczek wrote:
>
> > I'm curious if anyone has gotten Blackdown's j2re
> > v1.3.0 working with Mozilla 0.9.5 or 0.9.6? Every
> time
> > I try running the demo/applet's from the SDK
> demos,
> > Mozilla dies. The j2re v1.3.0 works just fine
> with
> > Konqueror for me, though.
>
> I think I read somewhere that when you upgrade
> Mozilla, you must also
> upgrade the plugin, or Mozilla bombs out. Check you
> have the latest
> plugin that corresponds to that version of Mozilla
> (I may be wrong
> though, but give it a try).
>
> Regards,
> Graham
> --
> minfrin@sharp.fm "There's a moon
> over Bourbon Street
> tonight..."

> ATTACHMENT part 2 application/x-pkcs7-signature
name=smime.p7s