Re: CPU Performance - slmon on YDL?

Subject: Re: CPU Performance - slmon on YDL?
From: Timothy A. Seufert (tas@mindspring.com)
Date: Mon Nov 26 2001 - 18:18:16 MST

At 2:00 PM -0700 11/26/01, Gary Ash wrote:
>I've been using slmon, a cpu/memory performance program on my x86-based
>Linux Machines (I got the RPM from Redhat's Powertools repository).
>
>Does anyone know if there's an RPM for slmon for PPC? I tried make'ing it
>myself from the source, but failed (I get a Segmentation fault-core dumped).
>I'm not a hard core Linux guy, so I hoped someone else might know where I
>can locate an RPM for this (I can do that).

Try rebuilding the source RPM to create a PPC binary RPM. First,
download the source RPM:

ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/7.1/en/powertools/i386/SRPMS/slmon-0.4.0-1.src.rpm

Now, as root, execute the following command:

   rpm --rebuild slmon-0.4.0-1.src.rpm

The RPM should be built and deposited at:

   /usr/src/rpm/RPMS/ppc/slmon-0.4.0-1.ppc.rpm

Move the RPM wherever you want and install it as you would any other RPM.

If the rebuild process doesn't work, you probably need to install a
library and its development headers. The slmon web site says it
needs libgtop and slang installed. I had both installed already and
had no problems building and installing slmon as described above.
(using YDL 2.0)

--
Tim Seufert