Mac On Linux Help

Subject: Mac On Linux Help
From: Brian Mayton (bmayton@mac.com)
Date: Tue Nov 27 2001 - 01:28:47 MST

I have a YDL 2.0 installation on a Revision B iMac. I'm trying to get Mac
On Linux to run. My mac hard drive is /dev/hda6/ and it's HFS. I'm trying
to boot into OS 9.2 with new world ROM. I've followed the instructions in
the guide to installation word for word, yet it still does not work. Every
time I type startmol, the window stays black. In the terminal I started mol
from, there is an error message having to do with phandle==0 and an RTAS
error, among other things.

I've tried and tried to get this to work, fiddling around with the video
settings (btw, does anyone have all of the fb settings for the iMac's video
resolutions? They're 640x480-117 and 800x600-95 that aren't in modes.fb.)
and the memory.

What's not working? Why? What do these errors mean?

Thanks,
Brian Mayton