Re: YDL 2.1 - where is Voodoo support?

Subject: Re: YDL 2.1 - where is Voodoo support?
From: Luc Knoepfli (luck@student.ethz.ch)
Date: Tue Nov 27 2001 - 08:00:12 MST

Use "video=tdfx:noaccel". You will have a console in 640x480 but you can
easily switch to a better resolution under console with 'fbset
"1024x768-75"' or any similar.

I don't know when, but there were some updates to the tdfx driver. Newer
kernels (last I tried was 2.4.15-pre...-benh) can be started with
"video=tdfx:1024x768@75,noaccel" and work.

You can have different resolution in X, if you modify the XF86Config-4
yourself.
If you do this, kill the 4 lines in rc.sysinit which run Xautoconfig on
every boot (at the end of the file). Also remove Xautoconfig in the
different runlevels.

Luc

PS: My config is beige G3 with voodoo3-2000 and sonnet G4-500 pcu-upgrade.