Re: YDL Install Fails: CD Will Not Mount

Subject: Re: YDL Install Fails: CD Will Not Mount
From: Jan-Willem Swane (jan-willem@swane.nl)
Date: Tue Nov 27 2001 - 11:53:54 MST

>I bought YDL 2.0 at MacWorld 2001 NYC, and have only now worked my way
>around to installing it (or trying to) on my old G3. Problem is, the install
>CD doesn't read. Nada, zip, zilch. It completely fails to mount on any of my
>several Macs.

I had the same problem and managed to solve it in this way:

- boot linux (in my case with bootX, I don't know how to do it with
yaboot) with the kernel argument 'root-/dev/scd0' (without the
quotes). It tells linux to use my first scsi-cd as root.
- leaving the cd-tray open with the cd in it; at the right moment the
installer would close the tray and start reading the cd.

groeten, Jan-Willem