Networking Woe's

Subject: Networking Woe's
From: Barry Sparenborg (barrys@jorsm.com)
Date: Tue Nov 27 2001 - 18:07:34 MST

Hi All:

i have a 8500 PPC running YDL 1.2.1 Champion Server. The 8500 has the
standard ethernet assigned as eth0 and a Asnate 10/100 PCI card (eth1) that
should use the Tulip driver. When the computer boots it assigns eth1 as a
de? chipset. I'm sure this is compiled into the kernel. i have the
pci-scan and tulip modules running. When i ifup eth1 the light on the hub
comes on and i can ping its ip address from the machine its running on and
can ping the interface from other computers on the network, as long as i
have eth0 plugged in. If i down eth0 i can still ping the eth1 interface
from the server but not from any other machine. I want to use eth1 for my
internal network and the eth0 for my external connection. What am i doing
wrong? i dont seem to have any traffic going through eth1. I have installed
the latest tulip drivers and still the same thing occurs. My routing table
looks fine after i bring up eth1.

Thanks,

--
Barry Sparenborg