Re: YDL Install Fails: CD Will Not Mount

Subject: Re: YDL Install Fails: CD Will Not Mount
From: dano (dano@well.com)
Date: Tue Nov 27 2001 - 23:00:35 MST

At 9:15 PM -0500 on 11/27/01, cbsled@ncia.net wrote:
> >Any suggestions regarding a next move?
>
>Class action suit?

That is ridiculous.
Full stop.

TSS is a small co. and doing what they can. They also appear to be a
bunch of computer-types, not MBA types. I much prefer it this way. At
least we - the users - know who and where to gripe, and the top dogs
reply and try to fix things.

I have poured a huge amount of money (my own and my companies') into
Apple in the past 15 years, and haven't seen good service as a
regular consumer in years. I get answers from that company because I
have contacts and can yank chains. But as those contacts go up in the
company they get closer to the dreaded Steve and seem to leave with
alarming regularity. I can't develop contacts fast enough. At least I
know if I have a major complaint I can contact Kai - whom I have met
and can vouch for as a good guy. I would not say the same for Saint
Steve.

And don't use empty threats of class action suits, because they are
just that - empty.
To initiate a class action suit requires a considerable number of
injured parties and I seriously doubt you'll find enough on this list.
Furthermore TSS simply does not have the deep pockets of an Apple or
a PacBell, the last two companies about which I have received notices
of class action decisions.
Finally you'll have to find a lawyer dumb enough to take on such a
weak case and if he *is* that dumb then he'll lose anyway, and *you*
will be out of pocket for some money.

I know how hard it is to get these projects going (installing and
learning this new OS) but nobody said life was gonna be easy (or some
such drabble).

(the other) Dan

--
If the government wants us to obey the law
it should set a better example.