iptables with YDL2.1's kernel 2.4.10-12a

Subject: iptables with YDL2.1's kernel 2.4.10-12a
From: John M. Wright (jmw@chem.ucsd.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 28 2001 - 00:17:43 MST

Having moved up to kernel 2.4.10-12a with YDL2.1, I would
like to begin learning iptables (although it seems like
only a short time ago that I was trying to get started
with ipchains; incidentally, I found the book "Securing
and Optimizing LINUX: RedHat Edition" from OpenDocs to be
very helpful for ipchains). Currently, I am loading the
iptables compatibility module and using the same ipchains
firewalling script that I used under 2.2.19. However,
I can't seem to find iptables on either the installation
CD or extras for YDL2.1. Is this just an oversight, or
is there some issue with iptables? Has anyone used
iptables with 2.4.10? (or any 2.4 kernel) with YDL2.X
(successfully or ?)?

Thanks for any input,

John Wright
jwright@ucsd.edu