Re: Customer Relations

Subject: Re: Customer Relations
From: Terry Allen (hmag@ozemail.com.au)
Date: Wed Nov 28 2001 - 02:09:56 MST

>Customer service there is none as far as I can see. This list is as
>close as you can get to that and it will provide you with most of your
>answers. But try and find an address or an email link. It might be
>there but it won't be obvious. Terrasoft does not even attempt to
>provide this. As far as I can tell they a composed of a group of
>developers who create a good product. They are however clueless when it
>comes to service. At the price point for the software you cannot expect
>to much.

Hi again,
        I agree with you in one way, but if they hope to sell more CDs,
then they do need to reply to emails sent, especially when they give
addresses for contact on their website.
        As someone who has actually bought the boxed set (through one of
their agents locally), I was disappointed not to recieve any reply sent to
their email address on a pre-sales question in regard to a feature of YDL.
That said though, LinuxPPC which I also bought & which was a total disaster
for me, were no better at replies.
        I don't expect replies to support questions if I haven't paid for
support - that's what the list is for, just answers to the simple questions
that someone contemplating buying an OS would ask.
        Someone else posted something about Apple's non-existent service -
I've dealt little with Apple directly other than inside contacts, but the
support from local Apple dealers here is excellent, so I can't complain
about Apple in that regard.
        Don't think I don't like YDL - I think Terrasoft has done a stellar
job thus far, I just think they need to pick up the ball on their contact.
I also run a small business, so I know what difficulties they face, but I
do keep in touch with people who get in contact with me - that's how a
business keeps running.

        Bye for now, Terry Allen
hEARd

Postal Address:
        hEARd
        c/o 128 The Entrance Rd
        The Entrance
        NSW 2261
        Australia

Internet -
        WWW:
        http://heard.com.au or http://www.ozemail.com.au/~hmag
        http://hosting.heard.com.au

Interactive Message Board - http://heard.com.au/wwwboard/

EMAIL: (checked every Thursday & Sunday, sometimes more often)
hmag@ozemail.com.au

Non profit promotion for new music
Also, check out the Educate site - http://www.educate.net.au