Re: Networking Woe's

Subject: Re: Networking Woe's
From: Iain Stevenson (iain@iainstevenson.com)
Date: Wed Nov 28 2001 - 02:07:28 MST

Are you syre that eth1 is the Asante card? I found that the newer kernels
load the pci card modules before the internal drivers - hence the internal
Ethernet becomes eth1. I spent several days scratching my head over
exactly the same problem you're having becuase of this! Look through the
output of dmesg to see how the drivers are assigned.

  Iain

--On Tuesday, November 27, 2001 7:07 pm -0600 Barry Sparenborg