Re: CDROM: Now U see it, now U don't...

Subject: Re: CDROM: Now U see it, now U don't...
From: Patrick Ladam (ladam@smbh.smbh.univ-paris13.fr)
Date: Wed Nov 28 2001 - 17:55:04 MST

ghannon@cspi.com wrote:

> Are you always trying the mount command as root?
> or sometimes yes, sometimes no?
>
> I just had a similar thing happen attempting to eject when I wasn't root.
>
> Gary

I ALWAYS log on as root (what a feeling to be so powerfull...). It doesn't sound
like
a permission problem, rather something like the CDROM driver (or module) does
not
always see the device at boot time, I don't know why.

Bye

| Patrick LADAM                   |                               |
| Laboratoire CSSB                |     THE BIG BANG THEORY:      |
| UFR SMBH                        |                               |
| 74 rue Marcel Cachin            |   In the begining there was   |
| 93017 Bobigny CEDEX             |        nothing at all.        |
| >>> NEW e-mail: <<<             |                               |
| ladam@smbh.smbh.univ-paris13.fr |      Then, it exploded...     |
| Tel: 01 48 38 77 26 / 76 85     |                               |
| Fax: 01 48 38 77 77             |                               |