Re: Customer Service, suggestion

Subject: Re: Customer Service, suggestion
From: Patrick Callahan (pac1@tiac.net)
Date: Thu Nov 29 2001 - 05:38:43 MST

Don't mistake this list, ydl-general for a customer support line. This list
is for the community of YDL users to talk to each other. Its a public forum.

 Yes YDL people probably read and sometimes respond, but most of the time
its between us YDL users. Same for irc. You may meet YDL employees there,
but I don't think they're there to do customer support.

Customer support is done privately and is handled through other means: YDL
has an e-mail Address, probably a telephone, a mailing address. Customer
support is done one-to-one. Its a small company so expect personal service.

That's what I got when I had a bad CD. All I had to do was contact them.

I haven't paid for installation support so replacements for broken CDs is all
the official support I've gotten.

Unofficially its another matter. There's a whole archive of
yellowdog-general that contains thousands of messages from YDL users and
search it. get answers. Its free.

-Pat