Re: MacOS 9.1 to X.1 Upgrade ¿dangerous?.

Subject: Re: MacOS 9.1 to X.1 Upgrade ¿dangerous?.
From: Jerry Schmidt (loafer.jerry@verizon.net)
Date: Thu Nov 29 2001 - 08:15:24 MST

>Hi all!:
>
>Now I have on my iMAC:
>
>- MacOS 9.1 in firts partition (9 Gb. aprox).
>- Boot Partition (for Yaboot)
>- Swap Partition
>- YDL 2.1 (rest of the disk).
>
>I'm thinking about upgrading MacOS, but, could this process damage
>my current situation? do I need to take any special measure??.
>
>All docs. about X.1 talks about a clean upgrade, no problems,
>bla,bla,... but I'd like to know your opinion.
>
>Regards.
>
>--
>Visit http://www.valux.org
>.--
>Jose M. Laveda
>josemanuel@valux.org
>P.O.Box. No. 70
>46400 Cullera (Valencia) - Spain
>

>--

The recommended way to upgrade is to put 9.1/9.2.1 on one partition
and put 10.1 on another. You can have them on the same partition but
may have a problem getting into YDL from OS 10. Unless you are a
person who likes some pain and can deal with frustration better than
I can . Do not mess with OS 10 yet. Of course, if you want it to look
underneath it to Darwin and its Unix base then I would suggest a
complete backup and repartition of the hard drive. Much trouble for a
small gain. Jerry