re:YDL 2.1 install failure: transferring packages

Subject: re:YDL 2.1 install failure: transferring packages
From: Randall Smith (rbsmith@sandia.gov)
Date: Thu Nov 29 2001 - 12:15:38 MST

During the transferring packages phase, we encountered the "Error
running transaction set.
Please correct manually."

We traced this to a failure to mount the new root partition because it
somehow became
corrupted. To correct the situation, we pressed ALT-2 to get to the
install prompt. Here
we ran /sbin/parted and used the mkfs sub-command to regenerate the root
filesystem.
This was followed by a check sub-command. Then we ensured that there
were no
remaining harddisk partitions mounted and rebooted. Finally we repeated
the install
process and everything went very smooth.