Re: OpenGL Acceleration

Subject: Re: OpenGL Acceleration
From: Martin Hill (mhill@alumni.uwaterloo.ca)
Date: Thu Nov 29 2001 - 14:37:20 MST

Robert,

I had the same problem with my Rage 128 Mobility. The solution is to look at
the /var/log/XFree86.0.log to see why DRI is disabled. In my case it was
because I had color depth set to 15, and dri works in depth 16, but not 15.
(It works in higher depths too, but I'm not sure which ones.) Of course, the
framebuffer driver for the r128 does not have the palette mapping correct, so
I had to upgrade to Ben H's kernel, available at http://www.ppckernel.org.

So, as a first crack, change DefaultDepth in /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 to 16 and
re-start the X server. Try the demos and check the server log to see if it
worked. I'm also assuming you have DRI compiled in your kernel. If the colors
are all wrong, you need benh's kernel.

You may also need to add the lines to your XF86Config-4 file:
Section "DRI"
        Mode 0666
EndSection

good luck