Re: Networking Woe's

Subject: Re: Networking Woe's
From: Mark Jaffe (wizards@wizdev.net)
Date: Thu Nov 29 2001 - 15:02:26 MST

On 11/29/01 1:06 AM, "Iain Stevenson" <iain@iainstevenson.com> wrote:

> To disable a module, look in the folder /lib/modules/2.x.x where you
> replace 2.x.2 with the kernel version that's running. The driver module
> will be in that folder hierarchy. Then move the module you want to disable
> out of the way.
>
> I think the routing tables could still be worth looking at. Does an
> ifconfig show packets being sent and received across eth1?
>
> Iain

Trying to manage added network card; I've got my Realtek 8139 working now,
it shows up as eth1 but at boot time message comes out "Delaying eth1
initialization" and I don't know how to make this stop so it comes up at
boot time. I have to get into X to run netcfg (is there a non-X equivalent
script??) and even after using netcfg to enable eth1 and disable eth0
(built-in MACE) if I do "ifconfig -a" it only shows lo and eth0. What does
this mean? How can I get it to stick to using eth1 only at boot time?

Mark
Mark Jaffe | (408) 972-9638 (home)
Chief Wizard | (408) 807-1530 (cell/page/voicemail)
Computer Wizards | (425) 795-6421 (FAX)
wizards@wizdev.net | http://www.wizdev.net/