Re: Networking Woe's

Subject: Re: Networking Woe's
From: Iain Stevenson (iain@iainstevenson.com)
Date: Thu Nov 29 2001 - 15:22:16 MST

I had that "delaying eth1 initialization" message with a card for which I
was having trouble with the driver. It meant that the driver wasn't
actually being loaded. The answer was to get a newer driver from
http://www.scyld.com/network/index.html#pci - the site also has a few tools
you can use to check out Ethernet cards in general.

You could use "ifconfig eth1 192.168.x.y up" as an alternative to using
netcfg to bring the Ethernet interface up. It's also worth using lsmod to
check for the driver module being loaded.

  Iain

--On Thursday, November 29, 2001 2:02 pm -0800 Mark Jaffe