iBook2001

Subject: iBook2001
From: Geoff W (dark_n_stormyknight@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Nov 30 2001 - 09:52:34 MST

I just bought a new iBook last Friday. Last night I tried to install
YDL 2.1 on a partition on the hard drive. Everything seemed to work
just fine, but when I start the GUI the screen no longer behaves
itself. I've tried things like "linux video=aty128fb:vmode:14", but to
no avail. I tried several different video settings on the install
(reinstalling each time <GROAN>), but nothing seemed to work. When the
GUI starts, I can see a sliver of the desktop off to the left edge of
the screen, and the rest of the screen is filled with solid blocks of
colors.

I would really like to get this up and running, so any help would be
greatly appreciated...

Geoff