Re: Nubie question, install without macos ?

Subject: Re: Nubie question, install without macos ?
From: Blake Girardot (girardot@mac.com)
Date: Fri Nov 30 2001 - 12:16:44 MST

> Blake did *NOT* tell us what model desktop Mac he installed YDL w/o
> MacOS on. I bet it's a New World ROM Mac, which your 7200/90 is *NOT*.
> Like Brian said, your Mac *REQUIRES* a minimum MacOS install to
> install/boot Linux. You only need the Finder, the system file, maybe the
> CDROM extension, and SimpleText (and
> otherwise empty folders for extensions, preferences, control panels,
> etc.)

this is exactly right, and i apologize. i should have paid closer attention
to the details.
i did it on a newer mac, not on a 7200.

>Btw, all the above info was available in the archives. The
>"Do-I-have-to-install-MacOS?" question has been answered numerous times.
>Please search there first before posting a question.

for me at least the list archive search has been down for two days at
http://lists.yellowdowlinux.com/ so it would have been hard to check. i only
know because i was trying to solve an iptables problem and coudln't find any
way to search the archives of this list.

blake

Blake Girardot
girardot (a) mac . com