Re: iBook2001

Subject: Re: iBook2001
From: Charlie Watts (cewatts@frontier.net)
Date: Fri Nov 30 2001 - 15:29:21 MST

On Fri, 30 Nov 2001, Romain Kang wrote:

> > Okay, I may be showing how new I am to Linux, but how exactly do I go
> > about fiddling with the options?
>
> 1. You mention starting the GUI. If your machine is automatically
> coming up with the X11 GUI, you should change it to boot to the
> regular text mode console instead, at least while you're testing.
> In this case, get a regular console by typing <Ctrl><Alt><F2>.

On the iBook, at least, you need to do <Ctrl><Alt><Fn><F2>, in that order.

Apple mapped a bunch of f-keys to software functions (screen brightness,
audio volume), and you have to hold <Fn> to get them back as normal
f-keys.

But they didn't do this to -all- of the f-keys.

--
Charlie Watts
cewatts@frontier.net