file formats?

Subject: file formats?
From: Robert Fuchs (robert@mbl-arch.com)
Date: Mon Oct 02 2000 - 14:15:12 MDT

I am running CS 1.2 on a B&W G3. We use this as a file server only. I have
begun to copy our CAD files (ArchiCAD by Graphisoft) to the linux machine.
Most of the office are using Macs with this CAD program on it. My problem
is after coping the files 99% of the files after being changed will not save
back onto the linux machine. I get a "the file server's connection has
unexpectedly
closed down" followed by "can not read temporary section file : A/4" My CAD
program
at first would not open any file off of linux because it could not see them.
I then copied
a project file from the current file server machine (Win NT 4.0 SP3) to
linux through
my G4 and then the icons & files showed up so I could open them. Word,excel,
& photosop
files read & write just fine. The CAD program saves the files with an
extension. One is
a .pln file type and the other is a .lay file type. Can these extensions
cause a problem for
some reason? I can open a few project files and they are all different file
sizes and in
different folders so I do not see any reason for the other files to crash
the TCP/IP.
If I don't resolve this soon my boss is going to make me put everything on
the NT
machine and trash linux and I hate having to restart NT once or twice a week
to keep
it from crashing like it has been.