Re: Help compiling little-endian source

Subject: Re: Help compiling little-endian source
From: goo (goo@radek.org)
Date: Mon Oct 02 2000 - 13:39:27 MDT

> gcc -g -O2 -Wall -ansi -I. -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -o shout shout.c rand.o mpeg.o
> configfile.o sock.o util.o
> collect2: ld terminated with signal 11 [Segmentation fault]
> /usr/bin/ld: sock.o: compiled for a little endian system and target is big
> endian
> File in wrong format: failed to merge target specific data of file sock.o
> make: *** [shout] Error 1

It looks like you have a bunch of pre-compiled object modules (rand.o,
mpeg.o, etc.), some of which may not have been compiled on your PPC. The
error was on "sock.o" -- you should be able to rebuild that file. Just use
"gcc -g -O2 -Wall -ansi -l. -DHAVE_CONFIG_H sock.c" and likewise for any
other object module you have trouble with. Then you should be able to link
them all together with the gcc command you showed without any endian
trouble.

goo