Re: phpPgAdmin 2.0.1 & php 4

Subject: Re: phpPgAdmin 2.0.1 & php 4
From: Neil Jolly (njolly@home.com)
Date: Mon Oct 02 2000 - 20:41:43 MDT

Corey Minyard wrote:

> When you compile postgresql7 for the PowerPC, you need to apply the
> "alpha" patches to the PowerPC as well. There are some lines that say:
>
> %ifarch alpha
> %patch0 -p1
> %endif
>
> in the postgresql.spec file (assuming you compiled it that way). You
> need to change it to:
>
> %ifarch alpha ppc
> %patch0 -p1
> %endif
>
> It worked fine for me after that.
>
> Corey
>
> Neil Jolly <njolly@home.com> writes:
>
> > Is anybody using postgresql 7, php 4, and phpPgAdmin successfully? This
> > same setup works on all our intel boxes with redhat 6.1 & 6.2, but not
> > our ppc boxes. Postgresql works fine using psql, but when trying to
> > create, update, or insert with phpPgAdmin, I get an error messageas
> > follows:
> >
> > PostgreSQL said: ERROR: getattproperties: no attribute tuple 1259 -2

I recompiled with the cahnges as suggested, and all worked well. Many
thanks for that Corey! I'll pass this on to the folks at postgresql
since their precompiled rpms didn't work either.

--
"Computers let you make more mistakes faster than any other
invention in human history, with the possible exception of