Re: using AppleTalk networking

Subject: Re: using AppleTalk networking
From: Gawain Reifsnyder (gawain@guitar.net)
Date: Tue Oct 03 2000 - 10:36:38 MDT

At 8:51 AM -0700 on 10/3/00, John Springer wrote:

>What I've figured out is that Appletalk over TCP/IP comes up by default, but
>not Ethertalk (appletalk over ethernet). So you can get to your YD machine
>by going to the chooser, selecting appleshare, and putting its IP address
>(or name if you have DNS for it) in the IP box. That works.

Something must not be set up right on my machine then. During the
startup sequence I see the atalk services starting, but I'm not able
to bring up the machine in that way. Are there any config files I
have to edit first to specify volumes to share, etc...?

Best regards,

Gawain Reifsnyder
Guitar.net, Inc.
http://guitar.net