Re: unsubscribing

From: Chuq Von Rospach (chuqui@plaidworks.com)
Date: Tue Oct 03 2000 - 12:42:54 MDT

At 2:33 PM -0500 10/3/00, dG wrote:
><x-charset iso-8859-1>You guys sure crack me up. The
>self-proclaimed list police keep replying to
>the list instead of to me personally. Thats the way to control the use of
>the list. Lead by example. I finally made the move to private with Chuq
>since he didn't get the hint expressed below.

I did it on purpose, to point out to people that the situation was
escalating and get them to THINK before the did it again.

>Geez, look at all the bandwith that could have been saved if Chuq had
>responded to my supposed 'flame' in private.

whatever.

What this really shows is the stupidity of setting reply-to to the
list, which the yellowdog lists do. Because -- to put it bluntly --
we're doing what the list admin told us to do, which is, no matter
our personal preference, to send replies to the list.

Don't yell at me for replying to the list. The list software told me
to. Don't like it? fix the bloody reply-to. don't blame the users for
doing what the list admin told the list to have us do.

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.