USB support?

Subject: USB support?
From: Reid Anderson (resander@cs.hamilton.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 03 2000 - 15:38:42 MDT

I just got my G3 all set up and running, but there's one problem:
        I run my G3 and G4 off the same keyboard/mouse/monitor
The KVM Switch is a USB switch and the keyboard and mouse are obviously USB as well. I booted the G3 and let it start up. All services start fine and then I get the text login:

g3 login: <blinking cursor here>

I can't type anything so I can't login. My mom is going to send me the old keyboard and mouse to use temporarily, but I need to know how, once I get the keyboard and mouse, how to go about recognizing USB products. I have heard that I need to compile USB support into the kernel or just wait for 1.2.1 or 2.0 to come out. Well, I'm impatient, so it will have to be the first of those two option. But how do I? Can someone post directions on how to do this as well as any necessary items, like say a kernel revision or patch or whatever???

        Thanks,
                Reid Anderson
                resander@cs.hamilton.edu