Re: USB support?

Subject: Re: USB support?
christopher.murtagh@wcg.mcgill.ca
Date: Tue Oct 03 2000 - 17:45:58 MDT

On Tue, 3 Oct 2000, Reid Anderson wrote:
> I run my G3 and G4 off the same keyboard/mouse/monitor The KVM
>Switch is a USB switch and the keyboard and mouse are obviously USB as
>well. I booted the G3 and let it start up. All services start fine and
>then I get the text login:

 Hi Reid,

 I've got 4 G4s hooked up through a USB KVM running CS1.2 default kernel
without any problems. The problem might be your switch, your USB cable or
your keyboard. So far I have used the 'older' (pre dual processor)
keyboard, a NuForm ergonomic and the new G4 keyboard without any problems.

 My first instinct would be to try another keyboard, then if that doesn't
work, I'd try the switch. BTW, does it still not work if you have the
keyboard plugged directly to the G3 (connect it before it boots)?

 If you are interested, here is the KVM switch I'm using:

http://www.startech.com/ststore/searchgeneralframe.asp?target=../ststore/itemdetail.cfm?product_id=sv421usb

Cheers,

Chris

--

Christopher Murtagh Webmaster / Web Communications Group McGill University Montreal, Quebec Canada