Re: USB support?

Subject: Re: USB support?
From: Reid Anderson (resander@cs.hamilton.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 03 2000 - 17:58:04 MDT

But you see, it's not the G4 that has the problem. The G4 is running OS X! It's the G3 (the old beige one) that has the problem! As you may recall the Beige G3's do not have any USB ports, so I put a USB card in. Would the detection of the USB card show up in the startup process of 1.2? How about 1.1? To tell you the truth, I can't even remember if I ever installed 1.2 last spring, I know I got the CD's but I don't remember. I could always just pay attention as it boots to find out! I am using an IOgear 2 port USB KVM and a Microconnectors keyboard with the hockey puck apple mouse, I'll try the little g4 keyboard and mouse directly in it and see if it goes. If not, it's either that I only have 1.1 in which case I'll put 1.2 on it, or it's the USB card not being recognized. Thanks for the help, I'll try some of those ideas and get back to the list later...

        Thanks,
                Reid Anderson