Re: Reply-To: Setting

Subject: Re: Reply-To: Setting
From: Hollis R Blanchard (hollis+@andrew.cmu.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 03 2000 - 23:35:07 MDT

On Tue, 3 Oct 2000, Jim Cole wrote:

> I think that this is one of those "the grass is greener on the other side"
> things. I am also on some lists that don't use the Reply-To: back to the
> list. People are constantly complaining about replies not being sent to the
> list and blaming it on the fact that the admin doesn't use Reply-To ;)

At least without an altered Reply-To you can reply to all... most mailers
automatically use Reply-To though (because most emails don't have faked
Reply-To addresses...).

At least there's a Pine setting for it, but really a list setting a
reply-to is equivalent to lying and that's irritating. :)

And fwiw, I've never heard anyone on lppc-* complain about the lack of
deceitful mail headers. ;)

-Hollis