Re: XFree86 4 and video

Subject: Re: XFree86 4 and video
From: Darren Graham (dfgraham@scs.dera.gov.uk)
Date: Wed Oct 04 2000 - 01:32:34 MDT

Hi,

I once had the same problem (nothing to do with XF86 4) but fixed it by
changing the kernel from 2.2.15-2.9.0 to 2.2.15pre19-ben1.
try it without the kernel arguments first.
what kernel are you running?

Darren

At 13:19 03/10/00 -0400, you wrote:
>hey all,
>
>I decided it was time to upgrade to XF4. The install went ok but now when is
>startx my screen is in thirds. (i.e. the icons at the left are repeated 2
>more times). i am unsure if this is related to XF4 or the append line in
>the yaboot.conf file.
>
>I am currently using append="video=aty128fb:vmode:17,cmode:24". I am not
>sure if this is right, and I can't seem to find any other info about what to
>change this line to.. I am running a Viewsonic P810 21" monitor. Any help
>greatly appreciated
>

>Nathan Z.

The views expressed above are entirely those of the writer
and do not represent the views, policy or understanding of
any other person or official body.
"We seek not the answers but to better understand
the question"
- Kane, Kung Fu
Darren Graham
Scientist Tel +44 (0) 1252 392819
Space Department Fax +44 (0) 1252 396310
DERA Farnborough
Hampshire email:
United Kingdom dfgraham@scs.dera.gov.uk
GU14 0LX