RE: ATA Cards

Subject: RE: ATA Cards
From: Stefan Schneider (stefan.schneider@comsat.com.ve)
Date: Tue Oct 03 2000 - 17:43:24 MDT

Well, I haven't been able to compile Michael's suggested patch (Might need
some time to do so) for my RS/6000, in any case the kernel supports Winbond
chips which are found in older ATA cards as well as in the old Power Macs
and there might be cards with that specific chipset around, might be
interesting if by any chance you can get info on the IDE chip of the new
macs and find a card with one of them (I bet it won't be difficult).

In any case a no frills IDE card won't be that expensive to try...

Regards

Stefan