Re: Help compiling little-endian source

Subject: Re: Help compiling little-endian source
From: Hollis R Blanchard (hollis+@andrew.cmu.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 05 2000 - 08:36:32 MDT

On Thu, 5 Oct 2000, Israel Alvarez wrote:

> C'mon guys - there must be *someone* out there that knows something about
> converting big-endian to little-endian. Someone must be doing this stuff
> converting other software.

The error you reported should not have happened. Your PPC compiles things
(*every* thing) big-endian. So sock.o was not compiled on your system.
This is the project's fault; complain to them.

It really has nothing to do with the source (though you may find
source-level problems later); it's most likely a Makefile problem.

-Hollis