IMS TT128 woes

Subject: IMS TT128 woes
From: Bill Krauss (bkrauss@mediaone.net)
Date: Thu Oct 05 2000 - 11:12:50 MDT

Hi,

I'm running a PowerMac 7500 (upgraded to 604e/233) with an
AppleVision 1710 monitor and an IMS TwinTurbo 4MB video card. I
installed Champion Server 1.2 two days ago and have been struggling
ever since to get X to run properly. My various fix attempts have had
various results, but none resembling anything you could call success.

I have tried Xconfigurator.
I have tried editing the XF86Config file manually.
I have tried more XBoot parameters than I can remember.
I have searched the web for answers.
I have searched the mailing list archives for answers.

No luck.

When I type 'startx', the most common result is that the top half of
the screen gets what looks like a background with a cursor for about
5 seconds. Then X quits, with different error messages depending on
the configuration.

Have any of the subscribers of this list faced this or a similar
challenge? Any help would be most appreciated. I was really hoping to
try mac-on-linux, which is a little difficult in single-user mode.

Thanks.

Bill Krauss

--

Bill Krauss Finite State Machine Labs: The RTLinux Company. www.fsmlabs.com www.rtlinux.com