RE: Compiling the kernel

Subject: RE: Compiling the kernel
From: Pete Peters (ppeters@broadcastzone.com)
Date: Thu Oct 05 2000 - 12:47:52 MDT

Interesting that you ended up w/ zImage. AFAIK, this is the kernel filename
for i386-type compiles. Anyway, if you're using BootX, the default is to
have a Linux Kernals folder in your MacOS System folder. Using the BootX
control panel, you can pick which kernel you want to run. I found that real
helpful as I had to keep switching back and forth before I got the new
kernel to work.

Pete