Re: IMS TT128 woes

Subject: Re: IMS TT128 woes
From: Darren Graham (dfgraham@scs.dera.gov.uk)
Date: Fri Oct 06 2000 - 02:22:15 MDT

lots of people have experienced problems with CS1.2 straight out of the
box. Myself included.

Use "no video" setting in BootX and try it without any kernel arguments for
now. Update the kernel to 2.2.15pre19 or newer - this one worked for me on
both a G4 and PB3400c.
try here for the latest kernel, also update system.map and modules.
http://ppclinux.apple.com/~benh/

Darren

At 10:12 05/10/00 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I'm running a PowerMac 7500 (upgraded to 604e/233) with an AppleVision
>1710 monitor and an IMS TwinTurbo 4MB video card. I installed Champion
>Server 1.2 two days ago and have been struggling ever since to get X to
>run properly. My various fix attempts have had various results, but none
>resembling anything you could call success.
>
>I have tried Xconfigurator.
>I have tried editing the XF86Config file manually.
>I have tried more XBoot parameters than I can remember.
>I have searched the web for answers.
>I have searched the mailing list archives for answers.
>
>No luck.
>
>When I type 'startx', the most common result is that the top half of the
>screen gets what looks like a background with a cursor for about 5
>seconds. Then X quits, with different error messages depending on the
>configuration.
>
>Have any of the subscribers of this list faced this or a similar
>challenge? Any help would be most appreciated. I was really hoping to try
>mac-on-linux, which is a little difficult in single-user mode.
>
>Thanks.
>
>Bill Krauss
>--
>
>------------------------------------
>
>Bill Krauss
>Finite State Machine Labs: The RTLinux Company.
>www.fsmlabs.com www.rtlinux.com

The views expressed above are entirely those of the writer
and do not represent the views, policy or understanding of
any other person or official body.
"We seek not the answers but to better understand
the question"
- Kane, Kung Fu
Darren Graham
Scientist Tel +44 (0) 1252 392819
Space Department Fax +44 (0) 1252 396310
DERA Farnborough
Hampshire email:
United Kingdom dfgraham@scs.dera.gov.uk
GU14 0LX