Re: Yaboot/dualg4/cs1.2.1...please help me out here guys.

Subject: Re: Yaboot/dualg4/cs1.2.1...please help me out here guys.
From: goo (goo@radek.org)
Date: Fri Oct 06 2000 - 22:31:52 MDT

> On hda (30 gig factory drive), I have 2
> partitions, one for my system folder (HFS), and one for my application files
> (HFS+). The system partition is the second partition (hda10). I have
> vmlinux, yaboot.conf, and yaboot, and bootscript in the system folder of the
> second partition.
>
> image = hd:9,\\vmlinux
> label = linux
> root= /dev/hdd10

Okay, if your system partition with all the yaboot stuff is the SECOND
partition (hda10), then you "image" entry above is pointing to the wrong
partition. The yaboot stuff has to be on an HFS partition (you've got that
covered, if I read you correctly)...

You can either use "image = hd:10,\\vmlinux" --or-- if you have a vmlinux
file in /, you can point the "image" tag to it (makes it easier to build
your own kernel and boot with it). Offhand, I can't remember whether you
can use "/dev/hdd10" in the image tag, so you might have to use something
like "image = ultra3,vmlinux" to do that... BUT, if you just want to boot
the kernel image in your system folder, use "image = hd:10,\\vmlinux" ...

> As shown here, my linux is installed on hdd, with / being hdd10.

This is all well and good.

> I would be forever in gratitude to the person who helps me get linux booting
> properly.

Woo-hoo! :)

goo