Re: bloody netatalk

Subject: Re: bloody netatalk
From: goo (goo@radek.org)
Date: Sat Oct 07 2000 - 00:50:56 MDT

> gcc -p -O2 -fsigned-char -I../../include -c asp_getreq.c
> In file included from asp_getreq.c:27:
> .../../include/netatalk/endian.h:32: bytesex.h: No such file or directory
> make[3]: *** [asp_getreq.o] Error 1
>
> bytesex.h is not present on my system. I can't find a reference to it
> in the archives for YDL, linuxppc, or debian. Suggestions appreciated.

Hmmm...I remember having this problem a while back on an x86 system. What
version of gcc do you have? I /think/ bytesex.h was in the old 2.7.2
include file tree, but isn't in 2.95.2...

I know this doesn't help much, but bytesex.h deals with endianess (as might
be apparent from the file that includes it: endian.h), so this is probably
all just to get either "BIG_ENDIAN" or something similar defined. If you
remove the include from endian.h, you should be able to see what it needs
from bytesex.h (see where the compiler bitches), and supply it yourself.

goo