Re: Font scaling...Jaggies...

Subject: Re: Font scaling...Jaggies...
From: Graham Leggett (minfrin@sharp.fm)
Date: Tue Oct 10 2000 - 02:45:15 MDT

Charles Stevenson wrote:

> I am so used to it by now that I hardly notice... until the Thursday when I
> bought my iBook and saw the nice smooth anti-aliased fonts of MacOS.. it's just
> the nature of the beast and something that should be improved on with time...

This font problem has been driving me nuts - I've got used to it with
Netscape, but with Mozilla the problem has got *way* worse - to the
point that the majority of the text on webpages is completely illegible.

I can't seem to find out in Mozilla which fonts are to blame for this
problem, however when I have some time I'll deinstall all fonts and put
just truetype fonts on the system and see what that does.

If I manually select a truetype font for webpages in Netscape, then
browser pages are rendered like a dream - the fonts are easy to read,
etc. However changing fonts like this does not affect the skin - which
is still illegible.

Regards,
Graham